On December 1-5, 2017 in Vladivostok, Russia, Model United Nations of the Russian Far East (MUNRFE) hosted its Annual Conference. As part of the Conference EDSG Executive Director, Mr. Oleg Dunaev, being also a member of the EVALSDGs network, delivered a number of seminars on various aspects of Sustainable Development and Monitoring & Evaluation.
Mr. Dunaev provided the participants with the basic background of Sustainable Development and fundamental principles and importance of Monitoring & Evaluation. In particular, the following topics were covered:
- Principles of Sustainable Development
- Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) – the way to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Importance of the SDGs for international community
- Importance of the SDGs for countries
- What can everyone do to help achieve SDGs
- Basic principles of Monitoring and Evaluation
- Importance of Monitoring and Evaluation for Sustainable Development
Additionally, Oleg gave an overview of the role of International organizations in achieving and assessing SDGs. Special attention was paid to:
- The role of youth in SDGs implementation
- UN Evaluation Group (UNEG)
- The importance of Evaluation of the SDGs
- The role of International evaluation associations in achieving SDGs
All topics were extremely well received by the participants and got a lot of feedback.